Dr. Partha Ghosh believes that “in the evolving turbulent dynamics, future leaders must be able to inspire and influence outcomes not necessarily because of the titles that are handed to them, but on the basis of their inner power that will uphold the codes of conduct that are defined by the values and ethics, moral and civic sense that are fundamental to an organization and above all define strategic & operational problem solving spirit and performance benchmarks, which are truly competitive, - which people worldwide could trust, and benefit from at all the echelons of the organization.
Leaderships of organizations must realize that they have to manage two essential fronts to develop future leaders:
- Content of what will constitute and define future leaders of the organization will be very different from what defined their own leadership persona and
- Speed at which next generation of leaders (as a percent of total employees) will need to be developed, has to be significantly accelerated
Indeed, industry will need to think strategically with uncompromising long-term commitment in developing future leaders who could inspire imagination, accelerate innovation and adopt new management and organizational models, - that will allow them to embrace higher levels of complexity and technological risks, while facing increased competition and enhanced geo-economic and geo-political uncertainties, with grace & comfort
In view of his extensive work with leaders in more than two dozen nations, Dr. Ghosh believes that in the emerging environment, for an executive to express and utilize his/her innate leadership qualities, the individual must go through a process of self-realization in the context of his/her emerging work and decision-making environment, and the vision of the nature of leader he/she wishes to be, in becoming more effective.
Accordingly the PSG & Academy believe that at the most fundamental level an executive’s ability to influence outcomes is determined by how he/she naturally harmonizes three sources of “innate” power:
- Power of intellect
- Power of interconnectivity
- Power of intuition
In turn the basic model works toward cultivatng in executive what we term “radiance/glow of leadership”. When these three powers (as illustrated in the figure below) are fully synchronized toward a higher-level purpose in an executive’s work and decision-making environment, his/her leadership expression become natural, more visible, more trust worthy, in turn more inspiring and decisive in the domain of his/her influence.
Partha Ghosh Leadership model to increase the Power to Influence
It is important that senior management of companies, instead of just having leadership workshops focus on qualities such as visioning, decision making, communication etc., must first become conscious of how they could instill a leadership process that truly focuses on the development of the three powers within and then work on defining specific exercises (such as self-reflection, systems thinking, problem solving), which in turn lead to continuous development of those qualities that we revere in great leaders.
Indeed as the 3PIs are introduced in a well programed fashion organizations could sense:
- how inner strengths and institutive capacity of the leaders could be expressed, and at “the limit” tested and measured
- how intellectual/thought leadership can make the difference in guiding problem solving process in uncovering transformational opportunities, and
- how interconnectivity can secure transparent and natural ways to establish “trust” based connections, internally between the different parts of an organization and externally with clients, suppliers, communities and governments, - with full range of stakeholders.
The PSG Academy believes that as organizations make uncompromising long-term commitment in developing future leaders who could innovate and adopt new management and organizational models, it will allow them to embrace higher levels of complexity and technological disruptions/risks while dealing with increased competition and enhanced geo-economic and geo-political uncertainties - in achieving superior results.